HIA Meeting – January 20 – Craig Israelsen – Building Diversified, Low-Cost Portfolios for Retirement
NOTE SPECIAL MEETING TIME AND NEW LOCATION!
- Meeting is on 3rd Saturday at the Trini Mendenhall Community Center
- Please arrive by 8:30 am for registration. Main program begins at 8:45
- SIGs follow main program in a different room on the left hall.
- In February, we return to normal meeting schedule on 2nd Saturdays
This month HIA meets at our new location, the Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. There is ample free parking at the center. Room location varies, so look for notice on entry to the center.
We will hold a meeting jointly with the Houston Chapter of the American Association of Individual Investors featuring special guest speaker Craig Israelsen, author of 7Twelve: A Diversified Investment Portfolio with a Plan. His topic will be
“Building Diversified, Low-Cost Portfolios for Retirement”
Craig Israelsen will provide a comprehensive 48-year review of “why” and “how” we build a diversified portfolio. In addition, several ultra low-cost diversified portfolios will be outlined. The 7Twelve Portfolio philosophy will be introduced.
Attend This Meeting and Learn…
The “why” of portfolio diversification
The “how” of portfolio diversification
The “next steps” to actually build and manage an ultra low-cost retirement portfolio
Agenda details to be posted later
SIGs follow main program in a different room on the left hall.
- 10:30 John Goodell
- 11:3 Dennis Porsnak
Upcoming HIA Programs
The following programs are planned for future HIA meetings.
- January 20 (THIRD SATURDAY) @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: Special early program joint with Houston Chapter of AAII. This will feature Craig Isrealsen’s visit and discussion of his 7Twelve Portfolio. Main speaker 8:45-10:15. SIGS will follow.
- February 10 @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: David Loesch with DRL Group - (fixed income specialists) - http://www.drlgroup.net/
- Remainder of 2018: Second Saturdays of each month @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center
Beginning January 20, 2018, all meetings of HIA will be at Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. With the exception of January, meetings will be on the second Saturday of each month.
If you have suggestions for speakers or topics, please forward them to VP Programs: Jimmy Hixson JimmyHixson@houstoninvestors.com or one of the other Board members.
HIA meets at the Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. There is ample free parking at the center. Room location varies, so look for notice on entry to the center.