HIA Meeting – January 20 – Craig Israelsen – Building Diversified, Low-Cost Portfolios for Retirement
- Please arrive by 8:20 am for registration. Check in at the HIA table (not the AAII table!)
- HIA needs volunteers to arrive at 8:00 am to help set up the room.
- Some breakfast food items will be available on a first-come basis.
- SIGs and business meeting follow main program
We will hold a meeting jointly with the Houston Chapter of the American Association of Individual Investors featuring special guest speaker Craig Israelsen, author of 7Twelve: A Diversified Investment Portfolio with a Plan. His topic will be
“Building Diversified, Low-Cost Portfolios for Retirement”
Craig Israelsen will provide a comprehensive 48-year review of “why” and “how” we build a diversified portfolio. In addition, several ultra low-cost diversified portfolios will be outlined. The 7Twelve Portfolio philosophy will be introduced.
Attend This Meeting and Learn…
The “why” of portfolio diversification
The “how” of portfolio diversification
The “next steps” to actually build and manage an ultra low-cost retirement portfolio
Downloads from this meeting
HIA’s January 20, 2018 Agenda
— 08:00 AM –
Room Set-up: HIA needs volunteers to set up tables and chairs
— 08:20 AM –
— 08:45 AM –
Main Meeting: Guest Speaker: Craig Israelsen, author of 7Twelve: A Diversified Investment Portfolio with a Plan
Topic: “Building Diversified, Low-Cost Portfolios for Retirement”
— 10:15 AM – HIA Business Meeting: Bob Tchoryk
— 10:30 AM —
Trading 101 SIG: Speaker: John Godell
Topic: Big Picture Review and Trading Signals
John will present a short review of the Big Picture and go over signals for (CST) common sense trading signals.
— 11:30 AM –
Stock Market SIG: Speakers: Dennis Porsnak
Topic: Twenty Picks for 2018
Dennis wil give a brief summary of last year’s results and introduce the 20 picks for 2018
Market Outlook SIG: Will not be held this month
— 12:20 AM –
Room Set-up: HIA needs volunteers to put away the tables and chairs
Upcoming HIA Programs
The following programs are planned for future HIA meetings.
- January 20 @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: Special early program joint with Houston Chapter of AAII. This will feature Craig Isrealsen’s discussion of his 7Twelve Portfolio.
- February 10 @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: David Loesch with DRL Group - (fixed income specialists) - http://www.drlgroup.net/
- March 10: Marvin Appel of Systems & Forecast . Main speaker at 8:30-10:15. Joint with Houston Chapter of AAII. T
- Remainder of 2018: Second Saturdays of each month (unless otherwise noted) @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center
If you have suggestions for speakers or topics, please forward them to VP Programs: Jimmy Hixson JimmyHixson@houstoninvestors.com or one of the other Board members.
HIA meets at the Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. There is ample free parking at the center. Room location varies, so look for notice on entry to the center.