HIA Meeting, Dec. 12: Dan Marburger — Opportunities from Financial System Disruption: Bitcoin and the Blockchain — University Center
See downloads underneath agenda sections below
HIA’s December 12, 2015 Agenda
— 08:30 AM —
Stock Market SIG: Speaker: Cleve Fontenot, Bill McBride and Alice Van Dyke
Topic: “2015 Income Portfolio”
Following a quick review of the 2015 IBD and Friedberg portfolios, Cleve and Alice will review the 2015 Income portfolio.
- HIA Income Portfolio DEC 2015
- IBD Income Portfolio DEC 2015
- Jeff Freidberg Income Portfolio DEC 2015
Trading 101 SIG: Speaker: John Godell
Topic: Review Big Picture Discuss Dr. Reid’s last Module on Risk
— 09:30 AM –
Market Outlook SIG: Speaker: Jimmy Hixson
Topic: High Yield Bonds Reveal Poor Liquidity plus Stock Market Outlook
— 10:45 AM –
Club Business: Speaker: Jimmy Hixson and Cleve Fontenot
— 11:00 AM –
Main Meeting: Speaker: Dan Marburger
Topic: Opportunities from Financial System Disruption: Bitcoin and the Blockchain
SIG Meeting Meeting Room
Stock Market SIG Midtown Rm 262
Trading 101 SIG Heights Rm 224
Market Outlook SIG Midtown Rm 262
Club Business Midtown Rm 262
Featured Speaker Midtown Rm 262
Upcoming HIA Programs
The following programs are planned for future HIA meetings.
- January 20 (THIRD SATURDAY) @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: Special early program joint with Houston Chapter of AAII. This will feature Craig Isrealsen’s visit and discussion of his 7Twelve Portfolio. Main speaker 8:45-10:15. SIGS will follow.
- February 10 @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: David Loesch with DRL Group - (fixed income specialists) - http://www.drlgroup.net/
- Remainder of 2018: Second Saturdays of each month @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center
Beginning January 20, 2018, all meetings of HIA will be at Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. With the exception of January, meetings will be on the second Saturday of each month.
HIA meets at the Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. There is ample free parking at the center. Room location varies, so look for notice on entry to the center.