HIA Meeting, Saturday June 11 – CHRISTINA LESHER – Eldercare Attorney
Downloads from Today’s Meeting
- Jeff Freidberg Income Portfolio June 2016
- IBD Income Portfolio JUNE 2016
- HIA Jimmy June 2016
- HIA Income Portfolio JUNE 2016
- 2016 In the Trenches Tricks and Tips for Caring for the Aging and Special Needs Population
- 6.11.16 TipsandTricks_Support_Elder Care
SIGs start at 8:30am
Main speaker at 11:00am
HIA’s June 11, 2016 Agenda
— 08:30 AM —
Stock Market SIG: Speaker: Cleve Fontenot, Bill McBride plus Leigh Anderson
Topic: “Income Portfolio”
Following a quick review of the 2016 IBD/Growth portfolio, Cleve and Bill will review the 2016 Income portfolio. Leigh is away this meeting..
Trading 101 SIG: Speaker: John Godell
Topics: Bill Williams; How to properly use your left, right brain and core to trade or invest. This will tie into our recent study of Dr Reid. Big Picture review
— 09:30 AM –
Market Outlook SIG: Speaker: Jimmy Hixson
Topic: May – September normally the worst 6 months of the year! What will 2016 bring?
— 10:45 AM –
Club Business: Speaker: Jimmy Hixson and Cleve Fontenot
— 11:00 AM –
Main Meeting: Speaker: Christina Lesher, JD, BSW
Topic: In the Trenches: Tricks and Tips for Caring for the Aging and Special Needs Population
- Road Map to Planning
- Plan for incapacity
- Plan for parent/caregiver illness
- Plan for wealth transfer at parent/caregiver illness
- Paying for Care
- Housing – the big question
- Public Benefits – including Medicaid
- Supplemental Needs Trusts
SIG Meeting Meeting Room
Stock Market SIG S. Bayou City Rm 219
Trading 101 SIG S. Heights Rm 224
Market Outlook SIG S. Bayou City Rm 219
Club Business S. Bayou City Rm 219
Featured Speaker S. Bayou City Rm 219
Upcoming HIA Programs
The following programs are planned for future HIA meetings.
- December 9 @ U of H University Center: - HIA Stockmarket Roundtable
- January 20 (THIRD SATURDAY) @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: Special early program joint with Houston Chapter of AAII. This will feature Craig Isrealsen’s visit and discussion of his 7Twelve Portfolio. Main speaker 8:45-10:15. SIGS will follow.
- February 10 @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: David Loesch with DRL Group - http://www.drlgroup.net/
- Remainder of 2018: Second Saturdays of each month @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center
Beginning January 20, 2018, all meetings of HIA will be at Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. With the exception of January, meetings will be on the second Saturday of each month.
HIA meets at University of Houston in the Student Center North Senate Chamber Room.
Take SC South elevator to 2nd floor, turn right and winding your way north to the
SC North Building and on to the north end and or your right is the Senate Chamber Room
University Center (Student Center, building 565) 4455 University Dr.
Houston , TX 77204
Parking is available in parking lot 20A to the east of the UC, on Calhoun. Other parking is sometimes available, but on your first visit it is easier to park in lot 20A.
Beginning in January 2018, HIA will meet at the
Trini Mendenhall Community Center
1414 Wirt Road
Houston, Texas 77055