HIA Meeting, Saturday June 11 – CHRISTINA LESHER – Eldercare Attorney
Downloads from Today’s Meeting
- Jeff Freidberg Income Portfolio June 2016
- IBD Income Portfolio JUNE 2016
- HIA Jimmy June 2016
- HIA Income Portfolio JUNE 2016
- 2016 In the Trenches Tricks and Tips for Caring for the Aging and Special Needs Population
- 6.11.16 TipsandTricks_Support_Elder Care
SIGs start at 8:30am
Main speaker at 11:00am
HIA’s June 11, 2016 Agenda
— 08:30 AM —
Stock Market SIG: Speaker: Cleve Fontenot, Bill McBride plus Leigh Anderson
Topic: “Income Portfolio”
Following a quick review of the 2016 IBD/Growth portfolio, Cleve and Bill will review the 2016 Income portfolio. Leigh is away this meeting..
Trading 101 SIG: Speaker: John Godell
Topics: Bill Williams; How to properly use your left, right brain and core to trade or invest. This will tie into our recent study of Dr Reid. Big Picture review
— 09:30 AM –
Market Outlook SIG: Speaker: Jimmy Hixson
Topic: May – September normally the worst 6 months of the year! What will 2016 bring?
— 10:45 AM –
Club Business: Speaker: Jimmy Hixson and Cleve Fontenot
— 11:00 AM –
Main Meeting: Speaker: Christina Lesher, JD, BSW
Topic: In the Trenches: Tricks and Tips for Caring for the Aging and Special Needs Population
- Road Map to Planning
- Plan for incapacity
- Plan for parent/caregiver illness
- Plan for wealth transfer at parent/caregiver illness
- Paying for Care
- Housing – the big question
- Public Benefits – including Medicaid
- Supplemental Needs Trusts
SIG Meeting Meeting Room
Stock Market SIG S. Bayou City Rm 219
Trading 101 SIG S. Heights Rm 224
Market Outlook SIG S. Bayou City Rm 219
Club Business S. Bayou City Rm 219
Featured Speaker S. Bayou City Rm 219
Upcoming HIA Programs
The following programs are planned for future HIA meetings.
- September 9: Program - John O'Keefe: Investor Relations - University Center
- October 21(THIRD SATURDAY): Rohit Milstein: Low Volatility Investing - University Center
- November 11: Program TBA - University Center
- December 9: Program TBA - University Center
Houston Investors Association usually meets on the second Saturday of each month at the University of Houston central campus, in the University Center (Student Center South, building 565) . The usual meeting rooms are on the second floor. The date and rooms may vary, so check the published meeting notice.
Usual Meeting Location
Note that the official building address (4455 University Dr.) is not the physical address! Follow the map!
Parking is available in parking lot 20A to the east of the UC, on Calhoun. Other parking is sometimes available, but on your first visit it is easier to park in lot 20A.