HIA Meeting, Saturday Jan 14 – Stockmarket Roundtable – University Center
Panelists: Jeff Friedberg, Dan Marburger, Leigh Anderson
From Stockmarket SIG (David Neary)
From Roundtable Discussion
- Jeff stock picks HIA Jan 2017 RoundTable
- HIA Round Table Presentation Jan 2017-DRM
- 2017-01 HIA Roundtable
SIGS begin at 8:30am
Main Program at 11:00
HIA’s January 14, 2016 Agenda
— 08:30 AM —
Stock Market SIG: Speakers: David Neary
Topic: To be announced.
Trading 101 SIG: Speaker: John Godell
Topics: Dow Theory & Trader Vic’s Trend Change Method
John will finish discussion on the Dow Theory and discuss Trader Vic’s
Trend Change Method.
— 09:30 AM –
Market Outlook SIG: Speakers: Jimmy Hixson
Topics: 2017 Bull?
— 10:45 AM –
Club Business: President: Robert Tchoryk
— 11:00 AM –
Main Meeting: Moderator: Cleve Fontenot
Panel: Jeff Friedberg, Dan Marburger & Leigh Anderson
Topic: HIA Roundtable discussion of the economy, the stock market and your stock recommendations (and/or ETF’s, REITs, MLP’s, mutual funds, bonds, cash, etc).
As we have done in the past, Cleve will request the audience to refrain from asking questions to the panelists, until we have completed the roundtable discussion.
The roundtable discussion will proceed in the following sequence:
* We will begin the discussion with a five (5) minute summary by each panelist of the outlook for the economy and the stock market during the first half of 2017.
* After the initial presentations on the expectations of the economy and the stock market, each panelist will have two (2) minutes to pose questions to other panelists on their respective outlooks of the economy and the stock market. You may also wish to use some or all of this time to add to your initial presentation on the economy and stock market outlook.
* In the next section of the Roundtable, each panelist will have six (6) minutes to present his stock recommendations/picks (or ETF’s, MLP’s, REITs, Mutual Funds, Bonds, or cash) in the investing economy that the panelist expects during the remainder of the year. Of course, the panelist can either go long or short. You may also wish to give your normal holding period in real life and setting sell targets and the like. It would also seem appropriate to give the audience your reasoning on why the strategy you are recommending is likely to make money over the course of the remainder of the year.
* Each panelist will then be given two minutes to ask questions of the other panelists.
The above Roundtable discussion should take about 45 minutes. We will then proceed to the Q & A from the members. This should leave sufficient time for Q & A until 12:15. At that time we will close off the official questioning period; however, if you are available, members can stay until 12:30 for further discussions. This is what was done at past Roundtables and appeared to work well. The presentation will provide a brief theoretical background on different areas of financial modeling and focus on how individual investors can use the available online tools for investment and portfolio analysis.
Location: University Center Bldg 565
SIG Meeting Meeting Room
Stock Market SIG S. Downtown Rm 261
Trading 101 SIG S. Midtown Rm 262
Market Outlook SIG S. Downtown Rm 261
Club Business S. Downtown Rm 261
Featured Speaker S. Downtown Rm 261
Upcoming HIA Programs
The following programs are planned for future HIA meetings.
- January 20 (THIRD SATURDAY) @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: Special early program joint with Houston Chapter of AAII. This will feature Craig Isrealsen’s visit and discussion of his 7Twelve Portfolio. Main speaker 8:45-10:15. SIGS will follow.
- February 10 @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: David Loesch with DRL Group - (fixed income specialists) - http://www.drlgroup.net/
- Remainder of 2018: Second Saturdays of each month @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center
Beginning January 20, 2018, all meetings of HIA will be at Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. With the exception of January, meetings will be on the second Saturday of each month.
HIA meets at the Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. There is ample free parking at the center. Room location varies, so look for notice on entry to the center.