HIA Meeting – February 10 @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center: David Loesch with DRL Group – Rates Going Up, Why Buy Bonds?
- How did the Tax Bill impact MUNI’s?
- How much of your investible assets should be in MUNI’s?
- Are you paying a management fee for your MUNI’s?
- Rates ARE going up this year…..how will this impact the
Fixed Income Markets?
- Who is your counter-party?
- Should you care?
David Loesch has specialized in fixed income trading for the last 24 years, covering all areas of the bond markets. He primarily trades A rated or higher insured MUNI bonds, while constantly collaborating with other dealers in the marketplace bidding on issues and making markets in certain securities. David currently deals with large institutional accounts on fixed income transactions and also has a large retail client base which gives great insight on what the markets are looking for and how the retail world looks at current events in addition to how it impacts them on a personal level.
- SIGs begin at 8:30am
- Main Program at 10:45
- Click for Downloads from This Meeting
HIA’s February 10, 2018 Agenda
— 08:00 AM –
Room Set-up: HIA needs volunteers to set up tables and chairs
— 08:30 AM –
Trading 101 SIG: Speaker: John Godell
Topic: Big Picture Review and Trading Signals
John will review the Big Picture and go over specific trading signals and demonstrate the set ups.
— 09:30 AM –
Stock Market SIG: Speakers: Dan Marburger
Topic: Golden Surprise
Dan will give a presentation focused on gold, including showing the performance relative to the stock market which he thinks will surprise nearly everyone.
— 10:30 AM –
Market Outlook SIG: Will not be held this month
HIA Business Meeting: Bob Tchoryk
— 10:45 AM –
Main Meeting: Guest Speaker: David Loesch, DRL Group
Topic: “Rates Going Up, Why Buy Bonds?”
— 12:00 PM –
Room Set-up: HIA needs volunteers to put away the tables and chairs
Upcoming HIA Programs
The following programs are planned for future HIA meetings.
- March 10: Marvin Appel of Systems & Forecast . Main speaker at 8:30-10:15. Joint with Houston Chapter of AAII.
- Remainder of 2018: Second Saturdays of each month (unless otherwise noted) @ Trini Mendenhall Community Center
HIA meets at the Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055. There is ample free parking at the center. Room location varies, so look for notice on entry to the center.